City of Hampton Virginia E-Commerce Grant
Released : January 24, 2011
Program Intent: To assist Hampton small, minority and women owned businesses with electronic commerce technology and aid in the stability and growth prospects of Hampton companies, potentially increasing tax revenue and jobs within the City of Hampton, Virginia.
Grant Eligibility: To be eligible for a Hampton E-commerce Grant the applicant must be a for-profit small or minority/women owned business located within the City of Hampton, Virginia.
Small business is defined as a business which is at least 51% independently owned and controlled by one or more individuals who are U.S. citizens or legal resident aliens, and together with affiliates, has 250 or fewer employees, or average annual gross receipts of $10 million or less averaged over the previous three years. One or more of the individual owners shall control both the management and daily business operations of the small business.
- Non-minority owned businesses - grants shall not exceed 50 percent of the total project cost up to a maximum of $10,000 once every three years.
- Minority owned businesses - grants shall not exceed 60 percent of the total project cost up to a maximum of $10,000 once every three years.
VBWebSites is a Certified and approved provider for this grant by city of Hampton.
- Consultation Services – information technology strategic planning, ecommerce needs and marketing assessments, domain name registration assistance, hosting service needs assessments, website analytics, and website security assessments and testing tools.
- Web Design and Development Services – custom website design, information architecture and graphic user interface planning, database driven website design and development, content management solutions, usability testing, advanced scripting and programming, custom database development, collaboration and social networking (Web 2.0), website accessibility analysis, and maintenance contracts.
- E-Commerce Services – Shopping carts, donation and membership systems, and online security assessments and testing tools.
- Internet Marketing Services – email marketing, mobile apps, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, eNewsletters, blogs, RSS, Wikis.
- Other e-commerce innovations as approved at the discretion of the Hampton E-Commerce Grant Administrator.
If you are a Hampton VA Business owner or know someone that is, have them call VBWebSites for details 757-271-8293 or email Brady@vbwebsites.net
More Details can be found City of Hampton Business Development Website